Sunday, November 25, 2007

So Far So Good!

I think we'll be pretty much back to "normal" next week, unless his counts plummit which is very possible. It was like a light switch. He just flicked a switch and suddenly he's off Zofran (his nausea meds) and he's back to being our Andy.

He's back on Neupogin. That's the drug that attempts to keep his white blood cell counts up. The problem is that it's sub-Q. This means we have to give him a shot every night. It sucks. But it works.

We should be getting Christmas pics soon. We had a $100 gift card to Sears Portrait Studios that we used just before chemo started. I'll scan em and post em when we get em. I hate the word "em".

Through all of this I've heard from a lot of people. Not the least of which are a couple of people who I haven't talked to since high school. Well, a littl while at the reunion, but outside of that, ya know. Anyway, you know who you are, it's great to hear from you all again.

On other fronts, our Christmas tree is up. Not sure if I mentioned that or not. This year Emma is being reasonable but Andy is the one destroying the tree. Of course, the cow and horse are doing their share. (The cow is the mastiff and the horse is the lab / dane mix). Every time they get excited and their tails start wagging, they knock off a few ornaments. *sigh*

Speaking of which, I guess I should hang our garlic (that's Joey-ese for garland). I need to wrap some garlic around our bannister for that last little touch.

Have a good Sunday all!

M-I-Z..... (you fill in the blanks)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kids were cute and adorable last night. They are all growing and learning really fast. Andy looked very healthy even though he wasn't feeling great. They are so happy when they are all together with their mom and dad. I'm getting excited about Christmas!! Can't wait to get the pictures of the kids.