Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanks to be Given

Screw all the bad stuff, here's what I'm most thankful for this year, in no particular order:


  • We have a huge support network in our time of need.
  • I have a close-knit family who cares about me and my kids.
  • I have a close-knit extended yet highly dysfunctional family in Al, Joe, Tom, Ken, Scott, Diane, Dean, Debra, Don, David, Joe, and Kevin. (yes, these are my coworkers)
  • I have health insurance.
  • I have exceptional health insurance.
  • We're at Cardinal Glennon where the service is truly exceptional.
  • I was able to spend so many loving years with my grandfather and learn a lot from him.
  • My dad's face is stapled to the carpet.
  • Joey and Emma have not only been very strong through all of this, they have really stepped it up a notch.
  • My stepdad hasn't crapped in the bathroom in Andy's hospital room.
  • My son is in the hands of doctors, nurses, techs, cooks, greeters, housekeepers, clinical engineers, IT professionals, maintenance workers, CEOs, secretaries, volunteers, med students, nurse practicioners, social workers, managers at all levels, dock workers, and many others who all care about him and want to see him get better.
  • In particular, my son is in the hands of doctors and nurses who see him regularly and treat him as if he were their own son.
  • Julie and I both have jobs and managers that have been extremely flexible through this whole ordeal.
  • Greg quit eating cow patties.
  • We have friends who go out of their way on an almost daily basis to help us during this fiasco even though they have zero obligation.
  • I'm married to Julie.
  • Andy's tumor is OUT!



These are just a few things I could think of off the top of my head.

No comments: