Saturday, December 22, 2007

Counts Back Down

Not drastically. Then again, when you're already at 0.69, you can't get much lower. He's 0.62 today. Yeah. That means we're not going home today. All week long I've been telling people that we should be going home "tomorrow" and I can't see us being here any longer than "the day after." The problem is that every time "tomorrow" comes around, there's something wrong, either with his temperature or his counts.

So today I'm not using the word "tomorrow." When people ask when we're going home, I'm giving it a hard date. I'm telling them we'll be going home Sunday, December 23 with no more of this "tomorrow" crap.

It's getting pretty difficult to deal with the news every day that we won't be going home and that he will be feeling like Greg for yet another day. Oops. Sorry, made a substitution. He'll be feeling like crap for another day. Did I say Greg? Well, same thing.

Greg & Babs, how's The Land of the Deutch? Jason & Amy, how's the first Christmas season going as parents? Barry & Missey, how's Christmas in Chiefville? I bet your all doing great! I gotta say that, all things considered, we're doing pretty good. Andy's being inundated (sp?) with toys on a daily basis. Joey & Emma are being spoiled rotten. Mommy is nice and warm. I'm just enjoying the fact that my son doesn't have cancer.

So Mommy keeps trying to get out to finish her Christmas shopping. But every time someone comes over to watch the brats she comes up here instead of finishing her shopping. I wish I could help, but I can't. Joey & Emma just can't stay up here for long enough for her to do her shopping.

Hey Humane Society people... THANK YOU ALL! I'm not going to expand on it any further because I don't think you want me to. But thank you. Very much. We love you!

This has been a tough week on the 4th floor parents. I'm not sure what all has been going on but I've seen a lot of bad news being thrown around this last week. Or maybe I'm just noticing it more now because I'm not so preoccupied with Andy's condition. Of all weeks. I don't want to go into any more detail because... well, unless you're used to dealing with it. You don't need to hear it.

Spider Pig, Spider Pig. Does whatever a Spider Pig does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmastime is wonderful and so it being cancer free! Bless you all!