Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Stupid Fan

Our Christmas present to ourselves was new ceiling fans for the living room and dining room. $25 / month for the next 12 months with 0% interest, can't beat it.

Ok, so anyway, I get the old fan off in the living room. That's the fan that was leaning to the side. It turns out that it was leaning to the side not because of bad fan installation but because of bad outlet box installation. You know, the blue box up inside the ceiling.

I should have known with this house. It sure seems that a lot of the improvements made to this house were done so on the cheap and not always exactly done right.

Fortunately my dad is an electrician. He'll be coming over this Friday to look at the box and take appropriate action. Until then I have two exposed wires hanging from my ceiling. They're not live, but it's the idea. It's trashy.

I'm not even going to take the one off in the dining room until my dad gets here. God only knows what I'll find up there.

Oh, and to whomever said "But you may have already done that" (Jason I assume?), ya better watch out or I will do that. All I have to do is root for Mizzou instead of Arkansas! (but of course I would NEVER root against Arkansas!) :)

Crap weasel.

No comments: