Friday, August 17, 2007

Closing Thoughts on Day 9

Tomorrow (Saturday, aka Day 10) is a big day. More chemo (5-FU and Vincristine), then hopefully a trip home tomorrow evening! Keep your fingers crossed and hope we go home. I'm starting to miss my bed, and I'm sure Andy will be happy to be back in his own bed with his big brother in the room with him instead of boring ol' Dad who doesn't stay up late talking to him. :)

I gotta say, I'll miss this place. I'm getting used to the routine, the people, the food, the smells... I'm not totally dependant on this place, but I've grown very used to it and very comfortable with it. I honestly think it will take a day or maybe two to get used to being back home. I guess I'm getting institutionalized. hehe. that's what I get for watching Shawshank a couple weeks ago. ;) I can't believe I'm actually a bit sad about the thought of leaving the hospital. But I'm more excited than sad, so that's good. :)

The last couple of nights, by the way, Andy has had cancer even in my dreams. Well, night before last something was wrong but no specifics. Last night he actually had cancer in my dreams. This is good. When I wake up in the morning, I don't have to learn of his cancer again, which makes it a bit easier to handle in the morning.

Institutionalized.

No comments: