Thursday, August 23, 2007

omg i hate the word "blog"

always have. but I've always loved the concept of a blog. Let's call it what it is: a journal posted to a website. Maybe we can get blogspot to change their domain to ajournalpostedtoawebsite.com. heh

I'm gonna have to discontinue the use of the word blog. I just can't handle it anymore. I hate the word with a passion. I hate it.

Greg, I'm glad to see I finally got under your skin with my metaphor. I was going to kick it into overdrive starting tomorrow until you said something. And yes, Greg, I can tell your posts. They stand out like eurotrash soccer hooligans at an Amish mass.

Now, I pose a problem for you. You approach the event horizon of a black hole. From your own perspective, NOT the perspective of an observer, time becomes infinite. You have infinite mass. So basically, the event horizon of a black hole, as perceived from the event horizon not from an outside observer, exists at the end of time. Yet we can get there now. But it doesn't exist now from its own perspective, it exists at the end of time. But from our perspecive it exists now. So we can immediately go from now to the end of time if we can get to the event horizon in one piece. Of course tidal forces would rip us apart, but you get the drift. Or something like that. I'm sure I have it wrong, but you get the idea. Wrap your head around that one as you drift off to sleep.

(sorry, my night time reading was on Hawking Radiation for some strange reason)

No comments: