Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My little man

so you have not heard much from me on this blog. i really do not know what to say when i am typing but here i go. my son is the best nad toughest kid that i know. he is amazing he is up in the hospital room and getting stuck and poked on everytime he turns around and yet when i walk through the door he is all smiles and even laughing. daddy is happy to see me and so is andy. it is hard every night leaving andy and daddy there to come home. i hate it. i understand why i have to do it but that does not mean that i have to like it. joey and emma are reall troopers through all of this, they act out here and there but most of the time they are very happy and playing and havng fun and they love it when i say that we can go to the hospital and visit. so when i left tonight mimaw and papa where there and they were a good distraction for me to slip out the door. i came home and emma and joey are in bed. the house is quite and it gives me time to think about everything. i realize how strong my son is, how amazing my husband is, and how strong joey and emma are, and even how strong i am. i know tht andy will make it through this because of the strength of our family and our support team. i could not image going through this without the family and friends that we have. you are all amzing too.

when i left tonight they had started andy on his nutrition through his iv. i wil let daddy explain all that.
someone had asked about my feeling about andy's illness. here you go...
of course i wish that it was me and not my child
of course i ask every day why andy
of course i ask when is this going to be over
of course i ask why at all

then i think about and realize that i can ask all the questions i want to and that is not going to make it go away.
i pray that andy will be better and i am there for him and my husband and my other kids with all my heart and mind and soul and i know that we will all mmake it through this

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes we will all make it through this and Andy WILL be fine. You have been absolutely incredible and so damn strong that I cannot even tell you how proud I am of you.
God bless you daughter-in-law
Dan

Anonymous said...

Julie,
you are the strongest person that I know. I don't think that I would be able to do half the stuff that you are heading on full strength. You are the best mother and wife that your kids and husband could ask for. I know that Andy will be just fine and thank God to young to remember.I couldn't ask for a better sister. I have always looked up to you growing up, but even more now than ever. I love you guys and I hope that you know that if you need anything that you can call on Mike & I and we will be there.
I Love you,
Janice

Anonymous said...

I agree with Dan and Janice. You are a wonderful person/mom/wife. You are very strong and level-headed like my sister Beverly. I am so thankful that my son and daughter-in-law both are such devoted and capable parents. I can just be a supportive grandma and not have to worry about you guys, too. (even though I still do)

I love you and I'm proud of you both.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Julie,

My heart goes out to you. I cannot begin to imagine how you must feel. Al and I never were blessed with children and yet I, like you, wish it was me instead of Andy. But God does wonderful things when it comes to children. And I believe He gives us strength when we think there isn't an ounce left.

Love,
Jerrie