Tuesday, August 28, 2007

We Just Saved $50....

...and we didn't have to go with Geico either! ;)

The tube coming out of Andy's port tore. Long story short, it's a combination of mine and Joey's faults. I quickly clamped it so he didn't bleed all over the place, and called his home-health nurse. She said to take him to the Glennon ER. "Oh Great," I thought. "I get to spend a $50 co-pay and sit in an ER full of sick kids with my son who's on chemo for at least a couple of hours.

Julie got the bright idea to call the on-call oncologist. He arranged for us to skip the ER and go straight to the 4th floor and have the nurses put in a new needle.

That was it! Quick trip to Glennon, skipped the ER, we're good to go. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW ! What else can possibly happen ?
I couldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my face stapled to the carpet!
Dad

Anonymous said...

SCARY, GLAD I'M HEARING AFTER THE FACT. I'M GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO AVOID THE ER!!!

Anonymous said...

Here I thought you switched car insurance to Gieko. And to Danny's Dad, well....I dunno know anyhting about that, but my teeth have never been whiter and my garden's spittin out 50 lb tomatoes. Rusty's never had that kind of reaction to poultry before...

Anonymous said...

Maybe they could give you the equivalent of frequent flyer miles for all your trips to the ER.

Don't forget that the computer got it's start (primitive as it was) in my era.

Take care and keep your sense of humor.

Love,

Aunt Carolyn