Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tumor: pwnz3d!

uber pwn4g3!

The tumor is now out. The margin is good. That means they took out enough liver around the tumor that the pathologist should be satisfied.

To get to the tumor they had to take out his gall bladder. This is apparently a good thing. All it means is that he won't have gall bladder problems later in life.

They also biopsied a couple of lymph nodes that are probably just inflamed but are possibly tumors. The surgeon said it's no big deal even if they are tumor. He is getting more chemo don't forget.

He had to get one unit of blood during surgery. No biggie.

He's breathing on his own already. If things go well he'll be out of the PICU tomorrow morning. I would assume they'll probably take him to the 4th floor instead of sending him home, but no biggie.

Morphine for pain.

So far so good! Don't forget, we're not out of the woods yet, but I think the worst is now over.

Greg, you suck.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD!

smrt1997 said...

Thanks very much for the update. I have been praying along with everyone else. I will continue to do so and know you are in my thoughts. That is great news!

andrew 4 life said...

Thank you anonymous and Stacie! We really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you today and every day, until I read on this blog that Andy's ordeal is truly a thing of the past!

Anonymous said...

this has absolutely been nothing short of a miracle. thank you God for taking care of my baby and delivering the family from seperation to a new togetherness unlike anything seen by eyes before. :-) I love you Andy