Monday, October 1, 2007

Slow but Rough Week

Nothing major going on this week. Dr. appointment today just to check in and get counts. Chemo Friday. This is the first week of the chemo cycle. That means it's a relatively slow week, activity-wise. However, it's a rough week. This is his worst week of the chemo cycle. Pain, nausea, generally feel-badness (if that's a word). Even when Andy's feeling relatively good, he's still feeling like crap.

And I have a lot of meetings at work this week. boo!

My sister-in-law married one of my best friends since elementary school this weekend. Kinda cool that I'm related to him now. And I had my once or twice a year night of heavy drinking. Surprisingly the hangover wasn't too bad. :)

I go to church for weddings and funerals. That's it. I guess you could say I'm spiritual but not religious. I won't go into further detail because I'll offend a lot of people, so I'll let it go at that. What I'm getting at is that this was my first trip into a church since this whole thing started with Andy. As I heard the priest say something along the lines of how God wants us to "be fruitful and multiply" I just couldn't help but get really angry that God wants us to be fruitful and multiply but will turn right around and give our children life-threatening diseases such as Andy's. I just couldn't wait to get the heck outta that church. The longer I sat there, the angrier I became. But ouside of that span of 10 minutes or so that I was angry in the church, it was an awesome day.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go staple my dad's face to the carpet.

No comments: